The Cortron 698 series DuraCACreader Smart Card reader offers trusted Cortron reliability in a RUGGED water and dust resistant all metal housing. The standard USB 2.0 interface makes it very easy to get up and running with a secure communications interface on a digital network. Windows and Linux operating systems are fully supported. Windows 7 – Windows 10 comes with the Personal Computer Smart Card (PCSC) drivers installed. Linux drivers may be downloaded from common Linux Driver sites.
Card Reader Features / Highlights
- Single Smart Card interface Full Size Card (ID-1)
- Fully compliant with ISO/IEC7816, EMV 4.2/4.3, ETSI TS 102 221 and PC/SCstandards
- Supports Class A, Class B, Class C, or Class AB Smart Cards (1.8 V, 3.0 V and 5.0 V cards)
- Versatile ETU rate generation, supporting current and proposed rates (up to 826 Kbps)
- Protocol timers (Guard, Timeout, and CWT)
- Full support of both T=0 and T=1 protocols
- Programmable Smart Card clock frequency.
- Automatic card deactivation on card removal.
- Utilizes technology to allow secure digital system communications
- 12 Mbps USB operation compliant to USB 2.0 specification
- Fully compliant ESD protection on card pins.v
- 5.0 V tolerance on all I/O Pins
- Rugged (-40oC to +85oC) temperature range (operating)
- Humidity: 0-95% RH, non-condensing
- Shock: MIL-STD-810 / MIL-STD-901D
- Bus Power: +5VDC @100mA max
- EMI: Designed to meet FCC Class B and MIL-STD-461