About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are in need of a highly motivated, hands-on, Test Engineer. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
Key responsibilities & accountability:
- Develops test procedures and unique test stations to perform functional test of customers products to confirm proper functionality to specifications provided.
- Troubleshoots test problems to determine root cause of failures and assist in identifying required repairs.
- Works with test technicians to train on specific test processes and provide guidance where needed.
- Ability to document and write test procedure/instructions to ensure consistent repeat-ability of required tests.
- Plan, coordinate and lead test activities to ensure the test requirement objectives are met per customer and program requirements and all pertinent quality standards.
- Adhere to and support all ESD, FOD and other relevant internal ISO procedures
- May perform System level test, acceptance test, validation test, product test or others as required.
- Works with Production department to support timely testing of products to meet desired production schedule.
- Develops acceptance test criteria tied to each specific internal test, works with all concerned parties regarding Qualification Procedures and tests including the customer and outside test houses.
- Supports the maintenance of test equipment, calibration and makes recommended upgrades when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains communications in a collaborative and professional manner with all customers
- Works with other Engineering staff to support changes or updates to product and software as required.
- Sufficient understanding of both analog and digital circuitry
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in test software development.
- Experience and familiarity with Visual Studio and C Sharp for programming
- Direct experience in the development of production test fixtures.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, team player.
- Experience with automating test processes helpful
- Should be familiar with USB, PS2 interfaces
- Prior experience working with firmware
- Ability to optimize test processes for accuracy, speed and coverage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prior experience with ruggedized HMI highly desired
- Prior experience developing and working with varied functional test equipment to test DUT
- Knowledge of bench level test equipment, scopes, meters, power supplies, test adapters, cables and interface modules, etc. and their use.
- Ability to interpret a schematic and written test procedures.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.