About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, innovative Technical Administrative Assistant. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future and success of our small, dynamic company.
The Technical Administrative Assistant supports the President in his daily tasks, providing administrative support which includes drafting documents, e-mails, proofing documents, setting up meetings, taking meeting notes, publishing notes to the appropriate team, creating and updating various spreadsheets, helps to organize, manage schedules, and keeps president on track.
- Maintains and manages relevant technical databases and spreadsheets
- Manages quote log and sends out periodic reminders to stakeholders. Helps President to stay on track and on time with customer responses to quotes, PDR, CDR and other pertinent documents and projects.
- Can prioritize tasks and assignments, makes assessments for workload and helps delegate required tasks and activities to meet objectives.
- Makes phone calls on behalf of the President, responds to inquiries as needed. Sets up meetings and manages Presidents Outlook schedule.
- Uses CRM and other databases to update schedules, set meetings, post updates, status, etc.
- Interfaces with GM regarding Presidents requirements works to align priorities and balance workload.
- May conduct technical research from time to time, retrieving documents or other data required to meet objectives of a quote or proposal.
- Proofreads documents, edits and formats as needed or directed. Distributes documents to appropriate parties and helps support timely responses.
- Assists with the review of critical documents such as FARS/DFARs, Contract forms, NDA’s, and other relevant documentation tied to a customer or proposed customer engagement.
- Performs periodic filing both physical hard copies and electronic data management.
- Preps President for meetings by providing required documentation, project notes, summaries and briefings as needed so he is prepared.
Preps conference room for key customer visits, sets up coffee and other refreshments as needed. Ensures that President is prepared and has required data, presentation or collateral materials ready.
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Prior experience in a technical environment or technical capacity preferred
- US Citizenship Required
- Experience with working with Microsoft Suite of products, Project, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree required
- Prior DFAR/FAR experience desired. Paralegal experience a plus.
- Experience with Defense programs a plus.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Can take direction well
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior ERP experience highly desired
- Prior experience with CRM tool also highly desired
- Creativity and Analytical skills
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.