About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, innovative Sr. Electrical Engineer. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future and success of our small, dynamic company.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing or specifying all aspects of the electrical hardware for Cortron’s products to ensure functionality consistent with design specification. Design output consists of the complete document package necessary for manufacturing. The Sr. Electrical Engineer is also responsible for supporting and documenting certain setups, processes and procedures required to enable the construction, qualification and manufacturing test of Cortron’s products.
- Design of electronics for new computer peripheral products.
- Design of F/W & S/W Architecture and generating coding.
- Interpreting product requirement documents and creating new and derivative products in a fast-paced design cycle.
- Participating in multiple concurrent design projects in support of the engineering schedule.
- Contribute to the technical support of existing products as needed by manufacturing and the customer.
- Support continuous process improvements to the design and development of the hardware used in our products to decrease time to market and increase reliability and manufacturability.
- Conduct F/W & S/W regression, integration, verification and validation testing.
- Support RCTA and DOD qualification testing.
- Digital Electrical Engineering design and debug.
- Analog Electrical Engineering design and debug.
- Create firmware logic block diagrams and architecture.
- Read, write and debug firmware in the following languages:
C, C sharp and assembly language.
- Work with PADS metrographics.
- Must be a US Citizen
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- 9/80 work schedule
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.