About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are in need of a highly motivated, Shipping/Receiving Clerk to join our team. This position will require a person with a strong and diligent work ethic to perform the tasks associated with the incoming receiving of materials, stocking these materials, shipment of final products, international shipments and all the associated paper work of these functions. This is a great opportunity for a person who wants to take a lead role in a shipping/receiving department and truly make a difference and be recognized within the company.
Why Cortron? Cortron builds the most rugged keyboards, keypads and pointing devices on the market and our products are found where performance counts. From industrial and military keyboards to aerospace and maritime, Cortron products are built to withstand the toughest conditions and work every time.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Receiving and stocking of all incoming materials and customer RMAs.
- Packaging of all outgoing shipments utilizing specified corrugated and foam packaging.
- Shipping customer orders domestically and internationally using specified carriers and freight forwarders.
- Preparing commercial invoices and S.E.D.s as required for international shipments.
- Entering transactions into our ERP system of all receipts, shipments, and stocking locations of materials.
- Maintaining inventory of all shipping materials.
- Cycle counting of inventory.
- 5+ years experience working as a shipper/receiver in a small company.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience dealing with standard shipping companies like FEDEX and UPS.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Experience with international shipments including commercial invoices.
- Knowledge of AES Direct system and ITAR a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.