Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Shipping/Receiving Clerk. The right candidate can truly be a significant, hands-on contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
Processes materials from receipt to stock to shipment performing both the physical moves and EMS transactions necessary to achieve timely and accurate availability for internal and external customers.
- Receiving and stocking of all incoming materials and customer RMAs.
- Receive PO’s in ERP system within 24 hours of arrival
- Drop off shipments at local UPS/FED-EX stores as needed (exception to the rule)
- Drop off assembled units to be tested by external partner as needed.
- Rotate inventory, consolidate stock locations and create new locations when needed.
- Packaging of all outgoing shipments utilizing specified corrugated and foam packaging.
- Shipping customer orders domestically and internationally using specified carriers and freight forwarders.
- Preparing commercial invoices and S.E.D.s as required for international shipments.
- Entering transactions into our ERP system of all receipts, shipments, and stocking locations of materials.
- Maintaining records of all shipping materials. Provide purchase requisitions to purchasing when supplies are needed.
- Cycle counting of inventory (weekly)
- Prepare AES shipping documents when required (training will be provided)
- Manage recycling program for corrugated, paper, circuit boards and metal. Be main contact for recycling partner.
- Advise Materials Manager when overstock or new part # location needs to be created.
- Notify Materials Manager of stock balance errors or when wrong locations are found.
- Keep work area clean and safe:
- Sweep shipping/receiving area daily.
- Keep workspace organized and clean.
- Adhere to building safety practices concerning access/egress in shipping/receiving area.
- Help in production during slow days.
- 5S shipping receiving area weekly.
- Release blanket packaging orders to supplier when shipping material as needed
Proactive disposition, organized, neat, takes direction and able to multitask.
- 5+ years experience working as a shipper/receiver in a small company.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience dealing with standard shipping companies like FEDEX and UPS.
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Experience with international shipments including commercial invoices.
- Knowledge of AES Direct system and ITAR a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 10 vacation days (accrued monthly to start)
- 10 holidays’
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). See Human Resources for full details. We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.