About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, innovative Quality Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future and success of our small, dynamic company.
- Become the primary driver to ensure that all company products meet quality standards before they are delivered to our customers.
- Understands all customer expectations and needs, outlining quality standards and develops quality control procedures.
- Supports production on a daily basis to achieve the stated quality objectives.
- Oversees calibration procedures and coordinates re-calibration of equipment when required.
- Supervises quality department. Provides day to day direction.
- Responsible for the inspection and acceptance criteria for all incoming raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for all RMA processing. Maintaining defect summaries and monthly reporting.
- Supports all internal audit activities and leads the company through audit processes including ISO and other customer audits as required.
- Supports all KPI (Key Process Indicators), tracks defect types and root cause for defects. Works with department managers to help drive improvements based on collected and observed data.
- Responsible for the performance of all 1st article inspections and data collection and associated reporting.
- Identifies required capital equipment necessary to perform quality inspections.
- Responsible for the Corrective and Preventative Action procedures and policies of the company. Drives improvements and recommendations back to the factory based on defect data. Responds back to customers on all received Corrective Actions in a timely basis.
- Interprets customer supplied and internally generated documentation to identify proper quality inspection technique and criteria.
- Responsible for training operators to meet quality policies and procedures.
- Will be responsible to interface with customers and their representatives to support questions and research on specific quality questions and concerns.
- Supports our Material department by assisting with supplier quality audits and assessments and if need be writing (SCARS) Supplier Corrective Actions).
- Coordinates all activities with Source Inspectors. Schedules source inspections when required.
- Oversees ESD program and supports maintaining proper controls throughout the shop floor.
- Supports conference calls with customers and peers as necessary.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience required.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Metrology equipment preferred, CMM, Vernier’s, Calipers, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Defense programs a plus.
- Experience with AS9102 First Article Forms
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- 9/80 work schedule
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.