About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Quality Control Inspector. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
Provide assistance to the operation of the Quality Control Department: relating to a wide variety of custom parts through incoming and final process inspections and data collection of product and associated components and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable and exhibit proficiency in the use of mechanical inspection measuring tools such as but not limited to micrometers, verniers, pin gages, thread gages and height gages, vision system.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Understand electronic ERP system usage.
- Must be proficient in mathematics as it relates to the inspection function.
- Coordinate collection of final packaging documentation such as: FAI’s
- Facilitate and maintain the necessary records to ensure compliance to the calibration process.
- Initiate requirements for Source Inspection.
- Conduct inspection on incoming materials such as injected molded parts, sheet metal, PCB, intricate machined parts and electrical components.
- Conduct audits of the product and processes as related to ISO and AS9100 Standards.
- Must be certified to or have good working knowledge of IPC standards 600, 610, 620 and J-Std-001.
- Will inspect final product to company standards
- Will maintain the Non-Conforming material process.
- Will aid in company inventory when called upon.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Prior Metrology experience a plus
- Prior experience performing FAI, level 1, 2 or 3 a plus
- High School diploma or GED
- Three – five years’ experience
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must have a positive, “Can Do” attitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonuses
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.