About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are seeking a highly motivated, hands-on, Program Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
Program Manager – Sales
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Coordinates cross-functional project activities; disseminates action items from customer RFQ’s & orders and tracks all required activities. Acts as liaison between internal key department managers, executive managers and key customer contacts. Acts as POC for most new customer programs.
- Develops and controls deadlines, assess risk and ability to achieve scope as defined or requested by customer. Alerts internal team members on required actions and tracks and monitors progress.
- Develops Program Plans and Scope documents to include project roadmaps. Provides direction and overview to President to allow informed decisions to be made. Provides impact statements and cautions on matters effecting regulatory topics and certifications such as FAR, DFAR, ITAR, UL, CE, IPC, IEC and others.
- Ability to write effectively, update specifications, communicate internally and externally with customers in an effective manner. Will be responsible for sales forecasting and product planning activities.
- Identifies, characterizes and manages project or program risks. Assess program performance and strive to maximize ROI on all programs.
- Leads negotiations and supports contractual edits and supporting documents such as MOU, NDA, etc.
- Assists with pricing and quoting as required. Must possess an understanding of basic cost models, overhead and margin. Makes recommendations to executive management on pricing per program and looks for opportunities to scale programs and grow existing business.
- Will attend trade shows on occasion and/or provide customer presentations as needed to review capabilities, answer technical questions and guide customers and potential customers in the purchasing process. Will provide sales presentations and is responsible to close new business.
- Supports qualifications of programs working with both internal and external customer teams as well as contracted outside services to conduct various qual testing, vibe, shock, etc. and other relevant tests as required by program.
- Creates program proposals and works with customer on all requested proposals, RFQ’s and pricing inquiries.
- Interprets RFQ documents and provides summary of requirements to support all technical and regulatory requests. Makes recommendations on our internal ability to achieve the requests and advises senior management whether to move forward on program or not. Highlights all critical risk and cost impacts.
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or Project Manager.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Electrical Engineering experience preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Defense programs a plus.
- 20% (max.) travel required (domestic and international)
- May need a DoD clearance
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
- Self-guided, can work well on their own as well as a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Visual MRP experience a plus, should have prior MRP and CRM experience
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Prior pricing and costing experience a must.
- Technical expertise and an understanding of electronic principles highly desired.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- 9/80 work schedule
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.