About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Production Control Coordinator. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
- Become the primary resource to help track and status production movement on the shop floor
- Maintains the WIP report with counts that align with Production Tracker, note discrepancies and work to resolve differences
- Moves product from department to department and records product updates in WIP report in Tracker form.
- Stages material with associated Work Order traveler and any related documentation such as ECO’s, IPC’s, ECN’s etc.
- Works with Production Management and Materials Management to facilitate products availability and production readiness.
- Participates in daily production meetings to be aware of schedules and any hot priority products.
- May update hot boards or electronic displays once enacted on shop floor. Assists in expediting.
- Pulls all related material for Final Assembly jobs, metal, cables, pcb’s, etc. and locates material to staging area once material is all clear. Updates shortages on material that is in staging area until it is ready to move to production readiness area.
- Help to reconcile physical inventory for work in process
- May assist in performing cycle counts as time allows
- Reports material issues back to the materials group for reconciliation, expediting or correction in order to support the attainment of a complete and accurate material set.
- Helps to support the clear marking and labeling of raw material and work in process to minimize confusion and support material availability and locating material efficiently.
- Utilizes internal MRP systems to update
- Takes ownership for all material planning related processes and procedure documentation. Will assist in writing procedures defining the roles and activities required to perform the noted functions.
- Maintains an active knowledge of all work in process to aid in providing a delivery status to our customers.
- Interface with manufacturing personnel to gain knowledge and insight of product status and expectations.
- Assists in closing out open material transactions tied to work orders not completely processed.
- Prior MRP experience helpful, Visual experience a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Defense programs a plus
- Basic math skills
- Good time management skills
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Self-guided, can work well on their own as well as a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains expert level product knowledge and application
- Outstanding organizational skills
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonuses
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.