About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Process Writer. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
- Interviews employees and collects information on how a particular process occurs, takes detailed notes and from those notes creates a defined written procedure.
- Writes and edits technical documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to document and write test procedure/instructions to ensure consistent repeatability of required tests.
- Follows defined ISO format to create all written procedures.
- May create and insert graphic images, illustrations, or photos as reference for use in work/process instruction documents.
- Proofreads documents and corrects errors.
- May create flow charts where it makes sense to describe a process.
- Works with Configuration Management as needed to apply revision control to created process instructions.
- Maintains spreadsheet to identify processes that require instructions and tracks procedures created.
- Experience with Visio- creating flow charts
- Excellent communicator-both written and verbal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prior experience as a technical writer helpful
- Prior experience with defense products helpful but not necessary
- Familiarity with Sharepoint helpful
- Can take direction well
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 10 paid holidays
- 10 vacation days accrued monthly
- performance-based bonuses
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.