About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for two highly motivated Mechanical Assemblers. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
To support the assembly processes and integration of components into a finished or partially finished assembly. Uses a variety of tools including torque drivers and hand tools.
The operator is expected to adhere to ESD standards, safety and quality requirements supporting our schedule in a timely manner and recording their time appropriately during the manufacturing process so we can cost the products effectively.
Should be able to read and write English, be able to interpret drawings, work instructions and communicate effectively.
Individual is expected to maintain a clean workspace and adhere to proper material handling techniques.
Prior experience with reading assembly prints and following instructions.
- Responsible for identifying parts required for the particular work order and gathering them for use in assembly from an identified stocking location.
- Will perform various assembly processes such as installing pcb assemblies into metal chassis, installing cables, installing hardware, following instructions and adhering to quality requirements.
- Assembly of electro-mechanical parts as well as routing of wires, adding RTV or other adhesives as instructed.
- Should possess a strong mechanical aptitude and an ability to read and interpret written instructions.
- High attention to detail.
- Proper handling of material and accounting for all inventory.
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years’ experience in mechanical assembly
- Previous experience working in a low volume / high product mix, “make to order” manufacturing environment.
- Experience building products that have mechanical, electronic, and cable sub-assemblies.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have a positive, “Can Do” attitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.