About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., originally founded in 1969, is a privately held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry challenges for critical defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, Manufacturing Process Engineer. The right candidate can truly be a significant, hands-on contributor to the overall future success of our small, dynamic, growing company.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will primarily be responsible for the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment to maximize quality, productivity, and costs. Will assist in the launch of new products into production by attending critical design reviews, support creation of bill of materials, routing in the ERP system, and lead systematic training to improve work force effectiveness.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and works with equipment manufacturers when necessary to diagnose problems and develop solutions to keep equipment operational.
- Ability to document and write Procedures, training aids and work instructions.
- Assists in training operators on specific equipment operations as needed.
- Research new technology makes recommendations on new process equipment to improve our quality, throughput, and efficiency.
- Performs routine maintenance, calibration, and service to equipment to keep it operational and optimal for production use.
- Helps develop tooling, processes, and manufacturing aids to help the timely processing of production work orders going through the shop.
- Supports the equipment used in SMT including pick and place, reflow oven, AOI, SPI and board handling.
- Supports cable / harness department and should be familiar with cutting, stripping and crimping equipment.
- Responsibilities include supporting mechanical departments which includes printing processes, automatic laser engraving (gantry laser) of key nomenclature, optimizing design and quality of our processes and output.
- Works with other Engineering staff to support changes or update designs or work instructions as needed.
- Supports Engineering efforts by generating files (for Laser) and generating SMT assembly files
- Supports Engineering efforts by generating artwork or coordinate information for SMT line.
- Must possess the capability and prior experience of writing work instructions.
- Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience with Draftsight, Inkscape, Cura, PADS, job control or Solidworks extremely helpful
- Prior experience supporting Europlacer or similar SMT pick and place equipment helpful
- Direct experience in the development of production fixtures for aiding manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, team player.
- Prior experience with AOI and Solder Paste Inspection equipment desired.
- Ability to lead and support design to manufacturing process mapping and refinement.
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonuses
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.