About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are in need of a highly motivated, hands-on, Engineering Manager to lead our Engineering Team. This person will be the project lead and working manager for a small group of mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineers. This position will also provide technical leadership in the area of embedded controller design including electrical and firmware. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Ability to manage and lead a small, multi-disciplined, product development engineering team consisting of Electrical, Mechanical, Software and Documentation Control.
- Project engineering and project management of multiple projects and programs concurrently from initial concept and requirements review to production release. We can have as many as 10 projects active at various phases of completion.
- Interface and support of Sales Department to win projects by producing initial concepts, product feasibility, product design trade-offs, and risk assessments. Must be able to translate final customer requirements into product specifications and create and maintain a project schedule to meet customer expectations.
- Identify and develop a solid group of outside consultants to address peak engineering work loads.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on the engineering team by reinforcing and implementing good engineering practices and striving for continuous process improvements.
- Build and promote a positive working relationship with internal departments and suppliers.
- BSEE with 10+ years’ experience in analog, digital and mechanical design.
- 5+ years experience as a project engineer responsible for managing many concurrent projects from concept to full production.
- Experience managing an Engineering group made up of Mechanical, Electrical, and Firmware Engineers.
- Experience in designing and implementation of hardware and firmware using standard Microcontrollers. Experience with PIC MCUs a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to drive the mechanical group resolving technical issues and guiding the team.
- In depth experience with Microsoft Office Professional and MS Project.
- ERP and database knowledge important.
- Familiar with C/C++.
- Familiar with USB Interface.
- Comfortable and effective working in a fast paced, engineer-to-order environment.
- Innovative thinking, self-driven, deep engineering capability.
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and analytical methods, and strong background in the product development process.
- A disciplined and motivational personality that is self-motivated, results oriented, and capable of a sustained and continuous effort.
- Prior experience designing high reliability products for harsh environments is a plus.
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- 9/80 work schedule
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.