About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
- Serves as the primary Engineering leader and technical expert for the team.
- Creates detailed Engineering plans, processes and procedures for Engineering staff.
- Ability to be hands on active member of the Engineering team. This is not just a leadership position.
- Oversee the development and creation of Firmware for all products, participates in the active review and verification of all firmware to ensure its accuracy and effectiveness
- Puts processes and procedures in place to screen all BOMS, and related work instruction documents going to the production floor to ensure their accuracy
- Hire, train and guide team members effectively. Manages projects, timelines and objectives to meet on time requirements for deliverables including proper BOM’s and other pertinent information for the production floor to be able to build product properly.
- Ability to write effectively, update specifications, communicate internally and externally with customers in an effective manner.
- Works with all relevant internal resources to support both internal and external projects.
- Oversees the mechanical, software, design, electrical, test engineering, DVT, test development, configuration and documentation support internal to Cortron.
- Supports all test requirements, validation testing, regression testing, USB, etc.
- Familiar with test software and various hubs and platforms to facilitate proper test strategies and customer requirements.
- Provides technical direction and support for the company.
- Develops and maintains Bill of Materials and supporting documentation under revision control for all related process instruction sets for manufacturing. Including the development of test procedures, qualification tests, ESS, Vibe and other custom tests as required.
- Supports all design validation tests, regression testing and product qualification to prove out design, functionality to specifications and proper software.
- Supports technical development, qualification phases, product validation, proof of design and design verification processes internally and externally with customer until product design is stable. Interfaces with configuration management and Engineering to make updates as required to either specifications or processes.
- Assists with technical submissions with customer for qualification testing, maintains product documentation and ensures all required updates are tracked and logged appropriately.
- Works with Materials to help identify and select components and proper crosses and alternatives.
- Maintains the ECO processes and program within the company and drives continuous improvement.
- Supports all qualification tests, vibe, ESS and other tests as required (both external and internal) Works with vendors to define test requirements, provide direction and field questions as they arise.
- Interprets test yield data to identify possible improvements in test coverage and modifies test as necessary to improve coverage and throughput.
- Responsible for managing budgets and controlling costs within the department
- Assists Sales with technical portions of proposals and budgeting time, resources and capital required.
- Acts as Primary technical resource for Cortron and interfaces with customers and potential customers to support questions, proposals and problem resolution.
- Prior experience as an Engineering Manager or Chief Engineer
- BS/MS EE Degree required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Defense programs a plus
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
- Self-guided, can work well on their own.
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines in a chaotic fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains expert level product knowledge and application
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Technical expertise and an understanding of electronic principles highly desired.
- Detailed knowledge of electronic circuits both analog and digital
- Experience with MRP systems (preferably INFOR Visual)
- Familiarity with Solidworks is a plus
- Analytical and capable of solving complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage a team effectively
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Should be familiar with firmware creation, as well as multiple interface platforms such as USB and PS2.
- US Citizenship Required
- No Relocation
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonuses
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.