About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately-held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Cable Assembler. The right candidate can truly be a significant, hands-on contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
The Cable Assembler is responsible for complete cable assembly including but not limited to pin crimping, wire splicing, heat shrink sleeving and labeling. It must comply to IPC 620 standards. The Cable Assembler must be familiar with assembly of point to point cables with various crimp pin connector types and Micro D solder cup assembly.
- Follows processes and written procedures to assemble cable products
- Ability to read cable assembly prints, drawings, schematics and wire run lists.
- Performs crimping, splicing, cutting, stripping, staking, labeling as necessary.
- Performs cable testing as needed.
- Follows all ISO and ESD related processes and procedures.
- Performs heat shrink sleeving processes when required.
- May apply glue, epoxies or other potting or adhesives as required per the print.
- Works in a timely manner to support production schedule
- Must be able to comply with IPC 620 inspection standards and build product that will meet quality standards.
- Responsible to record time using MRP and data collection tools
- Ability to use wire strippers and other related production equipment for the assembly of cable products.
- Assembles connectors and switches
- Performs continuity testing
- Retrieves and puts away all raw components and materials to perform job and after completing job.
- Uses automated and semi-automated equipment per instructions and adheres to all applicable safety requirements.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Prior experience in cable assembly
- Ability to gather materials and tooling necessary to perform work in an organized manner
- Detail oriented
- Works well independently or as part of a team.
- Can communicate effectively.
- Can interpret drawings and specified dimensions properly.
- Needs to report to work on time and be present at their workstation when required.
- Use of soldering iron from time to time maybe required.
- US Citizenship Required
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 10 vacation days (accrued monthly to start)
- 10 holiday’s
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.