About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
- BDM (Business Development Manager) is responsible for developing and growing sales both organically (existing customers) and new business.
- Works with internal Engineering resources to ensure that all technical applications Engineering questions get answered to help facilitate new quote opportunities and help identify proper solution to customer’s needs.
- Reviews all supplied customer documents pertaining to RFQ opportunities and ensures that all contract language is appropriate and acceptable.
- Works closely with Quoting team to get new opportunities launched in a timely fashion for processing.
- Maintains our internal documents, spreadsheets and other software as necessary to log and track various quote projects through the appropriate stages of our sales funnel.
- Reports on all active quoting programs and communicates effectively with appropriate team members to alert them to required actions needed to complete quotes.
- Attends Trade Shows, Supplier events and certain Symposiums as required to solicit new business opportunities. Responsible for set up and tear down of booth and arranges appropriate collateral material, literature and product samples to be present.
- Works with the customer to communicate effectively with the client requesting the quote to gain a full understanding of their needs and specifications. Sets expectations with the customer for anticipated delivery date of the quote and pursues any data requirements needed from the customer in order to complete the intended quote.
- Provides quarterly sales forecasts based on visibility of sales pipeline and anticipated close rates. Responsible to maintain sufficient booking rate to achieve our stated business goals and objectives.
- Publishes key metrics, close rates, organic sales vs new business, sales by customer, by region, quote value, elapsed time in funnel, etc.
- Maintains awareness of competitive landscape, leverages our niche market and capabilities and promotes our distinct differentiators to promote closure of new business.
- Responsible for direct mail campaigns, leveraging website updates to attract new leads and helps to develop and maintain collateral material for use in sales.
- Utilizes government bid sites like Govespend.com, Bid.Net, Dibbs Navigator, GSA and others to garner new engagement opportunities and potential new quotes.
- Meets with customers when required or hosts customer visits here at our site.
- Exercises creative thinking and ways to generate sales leads, possible white papers, select advertisements in Buyers Guides, trade periodicals, Thomas Register, Contracting summits, B2B web services, etc.
- Prior experience managing Business Development activity.
- Will need to learn our products and become intimately familiar with our product structure, families, product features, attributes and specifications to talk intelligently about our products and answer technical questions.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Prior DFAR.FAR experience desired.
- Experience with working with Microsoft Suite of products, Project, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior MRP experience highly desired
- Prior experience with CRM tool also highly desired
- Defense product experience or Avionics product experience a plus.
- Travel requirements up to 15-20%
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 10 vacation days per year, accrued monthly
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
- 9/80 work schedule
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.