About Our Company:
Cortron, Inc., founded in 1969, is a privately held, AS9100 registered manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. We provide unique solutions to complex data-entry problems for defense and industrial applications. Our products are designed, manufactured, and certified to survive and operate in the harshest environments set forth by military and industrial standards. Our continuous success is attributed to our breadth and depth of product offerings, our unsurpassed quality, and our commitment to servicing our customers.
We are in need of a highly motivated, hands-on, Applications Engineer. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
- Become the primary technical resource working in conjunction with the sales department. Must be able to provide solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all the stages of the sales process.
- Reviews all RFQ proposals to assure that Cortron can meet technical requirements as defined.
- Assists in the updating of all product specifications, product features and product descriptions.
- Ability to write effectively, update specifications, communicate internally and externally with customers in an effective manner. Will act as the customers and potential customers technical point of contact to answer all product specification questions.
- Works with Engineering and Sales internally to communicate all technical inquiries and pursue satisfactory resolution to all customer and prospective customer inquiries.
- Updates customer base on all product specification changes.
- Provide design and specification development support to customers, distributors and prospects.
- Work with customer service, Quality, Engineering and other internal resources to ensure that the product is optimized and up to date to continually satisfy customer’s needs.
- Support product development from start up through completion, analyzes customer needs and problems and makes recommendations to the Engineering and design team to develop solutions and satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Supports technical development, qualification phases, product validation, proof of design and design verification processes internally and externally with customer until product design is stable. Interfaces with configuration management and Engineering to make updates as required to either specifications or processes.
- Assists with technical submissions with customer for qualification testing, maintains product documentation and ensures all required updates are tracked and logged appropriately.
- Utilizes internal MRP systems and appropriate databases to update product and customer files as required.
- Interprets RFQ documents and provides summary of requirements to support all technical and regulatory requests. Makes recommendations on our internal ability to achieve the requests and advises senior management whether to move forward on program or not. Highlights all critical risk and cost impacts.
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or Project Manager.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Defense programs a plus.
- 20% travel required (domestic and international)
- May need a DoD clearance
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
- Self-guided, can work well on their own as well as a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains expert level product knowledge and application
- Visual MRP experience a plus, should have prior MRP and CRM experience
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Prior experience in a customer facing Engineering role a plus.
- Technical expertise and an understanding of electronic principles highly desired.
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- full medical, dental, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
- 20 days paid time off
- performance-based bonus
- voluntary life insurance
- voluntary AFLAC insurance
In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
All applicants must apply on Cortron, Inc.’s website at www.cortroninc.com/careers. Only those applicants who include a resume, cover letter, and SALARY REQUIREMENT will be considered. The application process is not complete until you apply on our website.
Principals only please
Cortron is an EEO/AA – M/F/Vets/Individuals with Disabilities employer.