- Full Size keyboard
- Full QWERTY section
- Dedicated number pad
- Extended Function keys
- Typically ordered with a pointing device, but can be keyboard only
- Typical installations include desktop bolt-down, panel mount, and 19” racks
- Typical size range:
- # of keys: 118-121
The Cortron Model 121 series Rugged Keyboard with Pointing Device offers the ultimate in quality, reliability, conformity,
and flexibility in a full size keyboard. Ideal for mobile or airborne applications, the keyboard fits easily into
standard RETMA rack systems. Available with many options, the Model 121 keyboard can be adapted to meet specific design
requirements. The product is virtually impervious to contaminants found in the harshest applications, both in and out of
shelters. Vital electronics and switch bearing surfaces are sealed for long term survival and protection against water,
beverages, sand, dust, dirt, and many chemicals. Units can be cleaned in the sink with soap and hot water. The Model 121
is designed and manufactured for reliable trouble free operation in life dependent application typical of shipboard,
airborne, ground mobile, and severe industrial applications.
The Model 121 key layout and design, like all Cortron keyboards, is designed to reduce the stress and strain on end users.
The layout is based upon a standard 101 style keyboard, with the number pad and additional function keys shifted for 19”
RETMA rack system installation. High contrast non-backlit and negative image (white on dark) keys with backlighting options
provide high visibility in nearly all applications. The sculptured, full travel key switches have been ergonomically
positioned for optimal typing and high speed data entry.
Browse through our product Gallery or use our Product Search tool to see examples of what we’ve done in the past. But don’t be limited
to what’s been done before – we’ll make a Custom product for you. Send us your requirements (or concept drawing) and we’ll work with you to
develop a product that meets your needs.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Visit our Contact Us page or send us
an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work with you to find a keyboard
that meets your requirements.
If you see a picture that you like, please reference the picture number
in your inquiry.
Legends & Backlighting
- Negative image legends (legends glow) and key brightness control
- Backlighting colors: green, red, yellow, white, blue, NVIS Green
- Low power backlighting, no extra power needed, plug compatible to typical host ports
Keys, Key Caps and Legends
- Cortron ForEver keys / legends are chemically and abrasion resistant
- Key legends: Standard USA layout or per customer request
Keyboards w/ Pointing Devices
- Various options available, including 1 3/8” or 2” Track balls, touchpad, DuraPuck, Button Mouse, or none
- Environmental Protections & Performance
- Sealed rain proof, spill proof/sand and dust proof (IP65 and MIL-STD-810) construction
- EMI/RFI/ESD/EMP shielded and protected for critical applications
- Optional Extreme High Shock Protection (+100gs):
Includes shock sensing (Stop Codes) and keycap clips
as well as other options
Cables, Connector, and Interface Options
- Connectors: Pair IBM PS2 6 pin Mini DINs pair USB, or per customer request
- Length: Standard 6 feet or per customer request
- IBM PS2, IBM USB, SUN USB, other interfaces upon request
Enclosures and Rack Kits
- Durable metal enclosure with scratch resistant finish
- Panel mount, rack mount and custom modifications available upon request
- Enclosure Colors: Standard are black, Navy gray, Army green, and off-white;
- Custom colors are available upon request
Available rack kits – See AV101605-XX
- Slide kits compatible to 19” RETMA racks (17.75” opening) per MIL-STD-189 and EIA RS-310
- High quality ball bearing slides with Lock-in / Lock-out / Quick Disconnect
Below is a small sampling of our Model 121 products.
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR?
Visit our Product Search to Product Search or browse our Gallery to gallery
for more sample configuration layouts.
KNOW WHAT YOU WANT?
Please proceed to our RFQ page to fill out our interactive application and get a quote!