Cortron, Inc. founded in 1969, is a privately-held manufacturing company located in Lowell, MA. Cortron provides unique solutions to complex data-entry problems by designing and building extremely reliable, cost-effective products supported by responsive service. Our business model is based on providing solutions to customers; from minor modifications to full-custom designs. Cortron has a proven track record of providing rugged products that meet and exceed industrial and military application requirements in which they are used. We are looking to leverage that experience and success into new applications within our existing as well as new markets.
Our 50 person team is seeking positive, energetic, self-starters who are able to work collaboratively to support our extensive product and service portfolio. If you are looking to make an impact with your creativity, energy and enthusiasm, contact Cortron today.
Cortron, Inc. offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including full medical, dental, life, short and long term disability, 401(K), 20 days paid time off, 9/80 work schedule, and performance based bonuses. In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end Holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
Cortron is an EEO/AA-M/F/D/V employer.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, Quality Assurance Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the overall future success of a small, dynamic company.
This position will be responsible for managing the day to day activities for the incoming and final product QC Inspection Department, maintain and improve our AS9100 Quality System and documentation, and will own the overall Corrective Action system for the company.
- As the AS9100 Management Representative, the QA Manager will schedule, prepare for, and lead the yearly audits to maintain Certification.
- Define, maintain and continuously improve the required documentation of the quality system in order to meet the requirements of the AS9100 standards.
- Develop systems, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent conformance to quality standards in the manufacturing process.
- Create and implement inspection training criteria and procedures for QC Inspection personnel, as well as manufacturing personnel for in-process monitoring.
- Responsible for managing all quality related aspects of customer and supplier relationships, including management of both the customer and supplier corrective action plans.
- Oversee and champion the corrective action system. This includes, but is not limited to, continuous improvement of the system, tracking status of open actions, analysis of data sources to identify new items, receiving and reviewing responses, and working with responsible departments for timely completion and providing periodic reports and metrics.
- Provide periodic reports on problem areas, using Statistical, Pareto, Trend, and other methods, to senior management.
- Schedule and conduct audits of manufacturing processes to ensure all quality standards are fully documented and implemented.
- Lead Material Review Board meetings.
- Coordinate, manage and review all activities of the Incoming / Final Product QC Inspection Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Engineering or QA discipline equivalent.
- 15 years of experience in Quality Assurance in a high paced, AS9100 manufacturing company.
- Strong supervisory/leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication. The ability to effectively communicate to all audiences including subordinates, peers, upper management, customers, and external auditors.
- Extensive knowledge of quality assurance principles, practices and procedures.
- Experience as an AS9100 Management Representative is desired.
- Lead role in the implementation of AS9100 Rev D is desired.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential for identifying and resolving problems and implementing corrective action.
- Experience in the inspection of fabricated metal parts.
- CQM/OE certification by ASQ (American Society for Quality) is a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
Cortron offers a culture where a motivated and enthusiastic employee can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including full medical, dental, life, short and long term disability, 401(K), 20 days paid time off, 9/80 work schedule, and performance based bonuses. In addition, we typically shut down for 1-2 weeks (paid time off) during year-end holidays (above and beyond normal vacation time). We are located right off Route 3, two exits north of Route 495.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary requirements to email@example.com or mail resume to:
Cortron, Inc., 59 Technology Drive, Lowell, MA 01851, Attn: HR Manager
No phone calls and Principals only please
Please forward inquiries to our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls and Principals only please